Friday, July 28, 2017

Starfish and Shells Many Thanks...Inkspirational Challenge 140~Photo

Hello!

We're back from our vacation which, in a word, was AWESOME and have a few days to collect ourselves before heading off again. This time, I'll be going north to see my mom and my husband to the east, to be an official at Canada Summer Games.  Our journeys overlap so neither one of us is home alone for very long.  After that...still more to come!  I'm missing my crafting and my mojo (as you'll soon see...), but so enjoying our traipsing here, there and everywhere....

Anyway...Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #140, where we have this oh-so-striking piece of wall art to spark your creativity...


Joining us - MarinaShaunaKylieSandieNonni and Yvonne - this week is our talented Guest Designer, Jaydee,  The interpretations you'll see from her and the team are simply marvelous!

As for me: YIKES! Yes, this photo was a challenge so...I dived into my patterned paper collection for the background that 'sort of' mimics the colours/weatherworn appearance of the boards and used my sea images stencil to create a focal point focusing on the grey, blue/teal and whisper of coral from the collection on the shelf.  Hopefully, I came 'close' to translating aspects of this lovely piece of decor. 


Same card; just a different pose....



That's it from me...unpacking, laundry and grocery shopping are calling my name!

Looking forward to seeing your artistry in the gallery!

Thank you soooo much for dropping by, even though I'm dreadful at keeping caught up with comments!  Your patience - and continued visits - are truly appreciated!

Also sharing at:





14 comments:

Nonni said...

Ooooh I love your card, Carol! One could never say you struggled, this is just perfect! I love the background paper and the stenciled images are so soft and dreamy. Great job with the inspiration photo!

sandie said...

I think your mojo is working just fabulously. I like the arty feel to this card, great stencilling

Carol Casavant said...

Love everything about this card...!!🐚🐚

~amy~ said...

So pretty! Love the nautical theme!

Jeanne said...

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself, gadding about hither and yon, which is awesome to hear. Enjoy the next adventure! Your card is lovely. I so enjoy the soft muted colors and the summery feel. Wonderful!~!

Kylie said...

Well, I think you captured it perfectly. Love those soft images and your background. So good you could take a breath between travels. Stay safe! xx

Marina said...

I love that stencilled look - the elements there - soft and pretty.

Happy Dance said...

Very beachy, my friend. Weathered boards, definitely, and those shells and starfish look wonderful against it. Such a calm and sweet card. Can't wait to hear all about your holiday...: ) Bev

Shelly said...

Such a pretty card, Carol! Enjoy all your summer fun and family! :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Your stenciled sea images look so soft and dream like! And you picked the perfect patterned paper to frame it!

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a lovely take on the sketch and I love the whole softness to it, very pretty.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Shauna said...

This looks great Carol! What perfect beachy images to use for this challenge! Love your layering!
- Shauna

jaydee said...

Carol, I love your fabulous collection of shells - it is so pretty and I love the DSP you used in the background. fabulous take on the photo. thanks for having me along as GD this week and for making me feel so welcome
hugs
jaydee

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hey Carol,

Excellent take on the theme with your soft and gentle stencilling. Lovely!