Thursday, May 25, 2017

Birthday Collage...FUSION Challenge~Chalkboard Baking

Hello,

Welcome to the newest edition of the FUSION Challenge~Chalkboard Baking. Love that image,especially the wooden rolling pin with the teal handles! So cool! The cupcakes look mighty yummy, too! The sketch: another user-friendly delight!

A trio of cards...and the first is my nod to the chalkboard style. I'm not an embossing-powder embosser (for a # of reasons). I love the look when other people emboss; I'm not a fan of my results. This one, however, I rather like....and that's 100% due to the fabulous Uniko Block Party Birthday stamp. Isn't it awesome?  Embossed, a bit of colouring and done...


I  made a second, using distress inks (cracked pistachio and peacock feathers) for the background....

and a third (spiced marmalade, picked raspberry).

And that, my friends, is a wrap!

Please head over to see my team-mates' creations for marvelous inspirations:


Looking forward to seeing your designs in the FUSION gallery!


Also sharing at:

Uniko Challenge #41 Masculine



Thank you for dropping by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!



16 comments:

Geri said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Stamping a HUGE image like that so perfectly is not an easy task! Well done pal! Did you use the Misti?

Gorgeous, flawlessly blended colors on your inked backgrounds! Great choice of coloring paring too. Love the two pops of color on the black base!

Jane said...

Perfect stamp for a guy card and I love all three of your colourways. Thanks for linking up at Uniko.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

ooooh! Someone's been super busy with this Uniko sentiment heavy BG stamp and what beauties too in all the different colour ways Carol. Great designs and thanks for playing along in our masculine challenge over at Uniko too. x

Linda Callahan said...

Love these! The first one looks just like a chalkboard!

Carole said...

Brilliant makes Carol...love the coloured ones...love the stamp....got a wish list like one Santa has never seen it's so long! Guess I need to put MONEY at the top of it...lol xx

Rose said...

Your chalkboard card looks fabulous Carol! Love the gorgeous blended colours too!

Karren said...

Three gorgeous cards, Carol! And wow, that stamp you used is fabulous - I might have to go shopping :)

Michele K. Henderson said...

Carol, this is really fun! I love the chalkboard birthday images on your card!
Take care!
Michele

Darnell said...

Your "threefer" is fantastic, Carol! I don't even have a favorite, they are all so good! You are becoming a blending whiz!! Hugs, Darnell

Shelly said...

Seriously, these are fabulous! Love them! And I'm not looking to buy anymore stamps right now but after seeing these...*sigh* I will put it on my wish list. ;)

Sybrina K said...

Hi Carol! How nice to see you in our W2CB gallery. Hope you are well. Now, as for those cards... I love all three versions. (Isn't it interesting how different inks can create such different looks?) Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Craft By. We always love seeing your works of heart. :)

Brenda said...

I've never did the chalkboard technique either Carol, but I love how yours came out!! And yes, that stamp is fabulous! I love how the distress inked cards came out too, so fun!!! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

Once you find the right recipe you might as well make multiples. These are all wonderful cards, Carol. I love the color combinations on the last two.

Lindsey said...

Super showcase of the Uniko block stamp - also perfect for the chalkboard type Fusion challenge! X

Deborah Frings said...

I think they're all just fabulous. I love the chalkboard look on the first one. Sorry to be so late commenting (Internet issues), thanks for playing along with our masculine challenge at Uniko. Deborah, DT.

Beverley said...

WOW! You have rocked this stamp out of this world! Three fabulous cards and all so beautiful and unique. I just love seeing you use your Uniko stamps and joining in on the challenge too :) Hugs Bev x