Wednesday, April 5, 2017

STAMPlorations Things with Wings Spring Blog Hop & Linky Party

Hello,

I'm ever so thrilled and honoured to be joining Shery and her STAMPlorations team as a guest designer for the amazing STAMPlorations Things with Wings Spring Blog Hop & Linky Party.

The event will have one main day (today,April 5), with extra posts on the following 3 Wednesdays. We will be showcasing spring-themed projects (cards, ATCs, tags, postcards, etc.) that have wings (birds, butterflies, dragonflies, etc.).

Of course, this is an 'interactive' challenge that involves prizes, so be sure to read the details in poster below and check out the STAMPlorations main blog.  You for sure want to play along!


My wonderfully talented and passionate card-making friend, Vicki, who is also a STAMPlorations DT member, recently shared a photo of a teapot that caught her eye...and mine, too! This gem became the inspiration for the cards I'm sharing today, specifically the single image butterfly and the shade of green on the lid, which I decided is cracked pistachio!

CAS + single panel + stenciling + one image = my go to style (I know... a tad boring, but I hope not!).  Shery's products are perfect for CAS-ilicious cards (as they are for a myrid of other styles/technique and projects...) and, with the sweet teapot as my muse, that's what I've designed for you today.

The first features two Flutter Zen 1 Layering Dies, inked in peacock, pistachio and citron, layered  and set atop a Bloom Factory stenciled background. The encouraging sentiment is from Trendy Butterflies 2. Of course, everything is framed by my favourite, often-reached-for Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies. 



For my second card, I tried to imitate the inspiration butterfly's colours, using prisma pencils. Simple recipe: Two Trendy Butterflies 2 coloured, cut with the solid die from Flutter Zen 1 Layering Die, layered and set, along with the sentiment, into a bed of Old Rose Prints stenciled roses.



An attempted side view of the one above to show the layered butterflies. 

Please be sure to check out the awesome inspiration from the rest of the team. Dazzle guaranteed!

Hope my cards, paired with he list of prizes Shery's generously offering, will convince you to join us!

I'll be back later in the month (as in, *before you know it*, given how quickly time is passing!) with more inspiration!

Things with Wings....that's all you need!  See you in the gallery!

Also sharing at:



Thank you for dropping by; your visit brings me joy!

29 comments:

Geri said...

Single panel, clean & simple is NEVER EVER BORING!!! Fact is, it makes my old heart pitter patter a schmick faster than normal!

I so want to own that stunning teapot!!! Love how you were inspired both by the colors and the somewhat zentangle-ish look! Great photo - you captured the layers perfectly!

Hope you're settling in nicely!

Tanja said...

love those color combos - perfect projects for spring

Carole said...

Oooo wonderful...those zingy colours on that first butterfly are scrummy...beautiful card and a double whammy on card No2...you are spoiling us! xx

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! These are stunning Carol! The colors so beautiful, the background-so subtle and gorgeous and then there are those amazing butterflies!!! I'm in love! lol They got the right person in you to work with these amazing butterflies and to guest design!!! Hugs, Brenda

Ina G said...

Oh Carol both those card are simply gorgeous. Who says cas card can be boring - rubbish! These are stunning with such beautiful butterflies and super backgrounds. Lots of fun times for this month at STAMPlorations.

New Creations said...

Both of your cards are so beautiful with soft stenciling effect, love them!

Aileen said...

Both of these beautiful creations are an inspiration. I havent done butterflies for so long, it is time. Love the greens.

Jeanne said...

Be still my heart upon gazing at these absolutely stunning butterflies! Carol, you are never, ever boring and this post proves it! I love the colors and the stenciling and the coloring and the every single detail on these beauties. Thank you SO much for sharing! I'm smiling big time! :) Wow!

Jeanne said...

Just ordered these butterflies! That's how impressed I was with your projects. I want to play with them, too! :) Thanks for enabling!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun the tea pot inspired your wonderful cards -- I love the coloring of your 2nd bfly!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Wow, stunning projects. Love the big bold butterfly:)

MariLynn said...

Beautiful projects.

Karthikha said...

I'm so in love with these cards!! Gorgeous!

Susanne Vargas said...

I think you are the queen of subtle backgrounds! Always love how you use your stencils - why don't I think of them more often???

Anita in France said...

Lovely soft stencilling and gorgeous butterflies, Carol ... I'm particularly taken with that first one, it's so subtle and delicate! Hugs, Anita :)

Cheetarah said...

that color combo is so gorgeous! xo Cheetarah

Bobby said...

Nothing boring about these cards, Carol, especially the Trendy butterflies. I love how you colored them.

Helen said...

The delicately stenciled backgrounds in these cards provide a great setting for showcasing the butterflies in these cards. Thanks for sharing them.

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

wow! gorgeous work :) totally love it

KarenB said...

Definitely not boring! Totally beautiful :)

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous butterflies...love each one!

Valerija said...

Sweet cards and beautiful colours!

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL cards!
LOVE your CAS design and colours, it really makes the butterfly and sentiment SHINE, LOVE your INSPIRATION too!

Dorothy S said...

Your coloring of the butterfly is so delicate and lovely.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are so very gorgeous!

Heather said...

These are both beautiful! I really like the first card; the colors on the butterfly are so soft and blend together so well.

Glennis F said...

Lovely cards, the colours are so pretty

Jackie PN said...

WOW! Beautiful color combo and I love that teapot!
Jackie ")

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome colors and backgrounds!