Sunday, April 16, 2017

Have a Magical Day...Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #403~Mythical

Hello and Happy Easter! May your day be filled with an abundance of blessings, as we celebrate the Resurrection.

My husband and I are at home, as this is his first 'real' weekend off in close to three months. Some much needed bike riding on his schedule! Next weekend will see us back to traveling one direction or another (I'm off to see my mom...yayyyyyy! Niece and nephew time totally included!). It's nice to have some 'us' time without any obligations, because come May, the bike races/officiating begin!

Today, we're launching Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #403~Mythical. Look at those darling unicorn cupcakes! I. Can't. Even! So stinkin' adorable!  I want a couple as pets!!!


The lucky winner this week will receive a $25 gift certificate from our generous sponsor: The Greeting Farm

My duo of cards today was inspired both by the cutie-pie...er, cutie-cake...unicorns, as well as the current challenge at Cards in Envy~Fantasy and Floral.  Please welcome my brand new Magical Unicorn from Your Next Stamp...isn't it pretty!!! I've set it atop my STAMPlorations Bloom Factory (so versatile!) stencil, inked in Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide; colouring is with prismas, following the colours from the image.


NOTE;  Honoured and thrilled to be In the Mailbox as Annie's Personal Favorite at Cards in Envy Challenge~Fantasy and Floral THANK YOU!

Smitten as I am with the unicorn, a second card had to be made, this time with the palette from Colour Throwdown #438



This time, the background is Abandoned Coral, and again, the colouring is with prismas....



I believe a certain niece (and quite possibly nephew) will be allllll over these unicorns! And I bet they'll be sporting rainbow manes and tails!


Mythical...all kinds of possibilities, beyond unicorns, as you'll see from my fabulous team-mates. Please leave them some love, then share your dragons, abominable snowmen, fairies, Nessies (and if you're from Canada, Ogopogos), phoenixes,, Pegasus-es, Krakens...and what have you...with us!

See you in the gallery!


Also sharing at:

Your Next Stamp Colour Challenge #62 (yellow, coral and green on the unicorn; abandoned coral for floral stenciled background)


STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge


So delighted you found time to drop by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!







20 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness gracious, those unicorn cupcakes are beyond adorable! I don't think you can look at them and not smile. :) See? Your cards? The same sentiment! Beyond adorable and most definitely smile inducing. They look like so much fun to color. And you've definitely colored them so well. I hope you and your hubby have a beautiful (sun shiny) day together! Big hugs! Happy Easter and Happy Spring! :)

Mimi said...

Love these! Fabulous unicorns and colors! The soft backgrounds are perfect.

EK Gorman said...

This came out beautifully. Love that background!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Unicorn cupcakes - squeal!!!!! You made the perfect cards for this challenge!!!! I will try to play along....So sorry that I have been absent for so long, but as you know I was on a wonderful vacation!!! But I am back now and will try my best to catch up!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your background is perfect with the fun unicorn

Kristie said...

Such a fun background! I especially love the added faux stitching. And I just love both colors of your unicorns. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...two simply beautiful cards Carol! Your unicorns are just fantastic!

Bobby said...

The cakes are cute but your unicorns are breathtaking, Carol. The colors are so pretty and the stenciled background makes it look like a fairy tale world.

wendipooh13 said...

this is stunning!! LOVE your unicorn!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

Sandy Trefger said...

Fabulous! Love this beautiful Unicorn! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! Happy Easter!!!! Your unicorns are magical and the kiddos will love them !!!! I hope all is well with you :-) have a great day!~

Geri said...

OMG...these cards are exactly like the unicorns I would dream of as a child!!! Totally MAGICAL!!!

Yep...playing catch-up again! Sorry!

Shelly said...

Oh so CUTE!!

Marisa said...

Adorable!!

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful Carol, so happy you joined us at YNS.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, my, your unicorns are sooooooo beautiful, Carol!!! I loooooove them in both colour combinations and the kids are going to be over the moon with it!!!! The soft stenciled bgs are simply fabulous!!!! WOW, my friend!!!!
Hugz

Jen Carter said...

Both cards are fantastic! I especially like the inked background!

Anita in France said...

Lovely soft backgrounds, Carol ... fabulous with those cute unicorns! Hugs, Anita :)

Brenda said...

Wow, that inspirational photo of those cute cupcakes are amazing! I love your take on them too, your cards are just stunning Carol!!! Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

Sue said...

The unicorns look beautiful on your soft background! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!