Friday, December 2, 2016

Peace...Inkspirational Challenge #123~Designer's Choice: CAS with Sparkle

Hello,

First, a round of applause for the fabulous *chill* creations so many of you brought to the Inkspirational gallery over the past two weeks!  So. Much. Inspiration!  Thank you for supporting our challenges!

Time for the team and I, along with our wonderful guest designer, Tracey M, to welcome you to Inkspirational Challenge #123, where you're invited to 'make the season bright' by adding *sparkle* to your CAS creations!  Sprinkles of glitter, gold embossing, a scattering of sequins, a shaker...so many choices!

 

For the longest time, I've had a swoon-fest over a gorgeous card (click here) created by Vanessa Menhorn, for Winnie & Walter's blog.  A while back, I ordered the ingredients to case her card...and this challenge provided incentive to do so.  Actually, forget the 'casing'...I shamelessly copied her card (her's is much prettier), with only one 'switch': Nuvo Blizzard White droplets in place of her pretty sequins.  Using dies for embossing is rare for me, but after seeing the results with this technique, especially with this particular card's style...well, let's just say, I'll be trying this out more often. Actually, 'more often' already happened: I wound up with 8 of these, switching up the gold Peace with other colours: red, green, white, copper.  


Here's a red version,  just because...


Please visit the Inksprational blog, where you'll be treated to stellar sparkle designs by

Tracey M (Guest Designer)
Nonni

Your turn!
Bring out your best sparkly stuff and share your 'CAS glamour' in the gallery!
See you there!


Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!





15 comments:

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous! I'm ready to swoon over just how pretty this is. I'm so glad you shared. That is one pretty star and the sparkly sentiment helps it shine. I've not embossed with dies too much (or maybe even ever) and it looks terrific. Thanks for sharing such wonderful inspiration! I'm glad I'm not the only one who shamelessly cases as well. :) I'm in good company! Have a lovely weekend!

~amy~ said...

How beautiful!

Nonni said...

No wonder you wanted to make this card design, it's very beautiful! Love the bold sentiment!

sandie said...

Wow I love it, the design is perfect and the sparkle die a delight x

Shelly said...

These are beautiful!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! These are so pretty Carol!! I love the glittery sentiment and your wonderful embossed star!! :) HUGS

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love all that sparkle and perfect embossing!

Marina said...

I would never have thought of using embossing like that - it looks great. Fab versatile card.

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful CAS card Carol! I love how simple but elegant it is! It's not exactly the same, you used different colors for your peace. lol A great CASED card my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

CASilicious, Carol. The embossed star with the glitter word die looks so elegant.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty! Love them both!

Anita in France said...

Stylish and sophisticated, Carol ... I love the impressed faceted star! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

Both so pretty, Carol. Love the combination of the impression on white and then the stunning glitter of your die cut sentiment.

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a great design & beautiful card, Carol!

Geri said...

Absolute, total elegance!!! STUNNING creations! Definite proof that 'less is more' :)