Friday, April 22, 2016

Wheely Fun...Inkspirational Challenge #107~Designer's Choice (Vehicles), Cute Card Thursday #422~Add a Quotation,


Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #107~Designer's Choice, where I, as the designer choosing, opted for *VEHICLE* as this round's inspiration.


Planes, trains and automobiles...and buses, scooters, skateboards, helicopters...plenty of possibilities!  Wonderfully talented Tanja is joining us this week, along with my stellar teammates:  Pia, Sandie, Shauna, Marina, Kim, Nonni.  Their vehicle-themed cards are sheer delights!

In two week's time, the cycling racing season will begin in our province, and I'll be standing road-side or in follow-cars behind the peleton, clipboard and stop watch in hand, ready to take on my officiating role. I'm  ready!  That said: just makes sense that my inspiration cards feature a bike....

This is a digi image (which I don't have talent for showcasing in any other fashion beyond 'print, colour and mount') from Pink Petticoat, before the business closed.  The images are coloured with polychromos pencils and covered with Glossy Accents.  The set, in total, has eight different sentiments, including one sentiment-free, which I used for the "Thanks A Bunch" card (sentiment from Altenew).  In real life, they're quite cute (so says my husband...although *this* bike is a far cry from his streamlined, under 14 lbs, fancy-dancy road bikes (and no way would he be seen on a bike with a basket *grin*)...

Here they are...hope you *wheely* like them....Oh yes, the papers are from Lawn Fawn...





Your turn!

Looking forward to seeing your *Vehicle*-themed cards in the Inkspirational gallery!

Also sharing at
Cute Card Thursday #422~Add A Quotation (specifically with card #3, which is a play on the "Live Life in the Fast Lane" quotation)

Thanks so much for spending time with me today; your visit brings me immense joy!


26 comments:

Nonni said...

These are all wonderful. I love the colorful look and the frames look great. xxx

Jeanne said...

Oh my gosh, I adore that bicycle image! Adore! So sweet. And I really like how you got three cards that are all so pretty and unique in their own way using that image. I have got to remember that! Great use of your pencils and the pattern paper. There are so many things to like about these cards!! Thanks so much for sharing, Carol. Wouldn't it be fun to do your stopwatching duties on one of these types of bikes? I think that'd be so fabulous. Hugs!! :)

Becca Cruger said...

Haha! I love how you took the theme and gave it a sweet springy twist! Those birdies are going places!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Very, very cute! Love the plaid frames! Such pretty colors!

sandie said...

It had to be bikes for you, rude not to! Adorable image and the perfect papers to match x

Marisa said...

That image is adorable and wonderfully coloured! Great set of cards :)

Shauna said...

What a cute bike stamp! I like how you changed up the look with different patterns. Very sweet for the vehicle challenge!
- Shauna

Marina said...

Cute and sweet and pretty - love these.

I Card Everyone said...

Just adorable ... like you.
=]

Happy Dance said...

Cute, cute and cute! Love that old fashioned bicycle with the little bird all colored up so sweetly. Those patterned papers all give unique looks to each card, too. Very 'tweet' trio of cards! Have fun at the upcoming races. Bev

Anita in France said...

Those lovely plaid frames are just perfect for showcasing that sweet flower filled penny farthing bike, Carol ... such delights! Hugs, Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

For sure I wheely like your fabulous set of cute cards, Carol!!!! Love the fun bg papers you used and that little bird and the baskets with sweet little flowers are just sooooo darling!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Geri said...

I 'wheely' thin that you 'wock' dear fwend! Sorry, couldn't resist!

The plaids papers are divine and TOTALLY work with this image - great call! Don't you just love the contrast between the big wheels of the bike and the wee bird? I do!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful trio of cards, and how perfect that your vehicle of choice is a bike. What else would it be?

Tracey McNeely said...

Glad to hear you are stopwatch ready! Adorable image and the three cards make for a fabulous set! The big wheel bike is a fun choice for vehicle! xo

Taunya Butler said...

GASP!!! Love the combination of these awesomely cute papers and the lovely image you have used!!! I am so "wheely" impressed!!! Sending hugs your way!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how charming, Carol! I *wheely* love how you colored these darling images, and your plaid backgrounds are the perfect touch! Fabulous inspiration for us, as always!

Carole said...

These are really 'tweet'..... :) Love the papers , they set off your image so well. Hugs xx

Kim Heggins said...

So much fun....love your sweet trio of cards.

Greta said...

These are just darling, Carol! I really love those Lawn Fawn papers & they're the perfect background! I think of you every time I see a bike stamp!

Shelly said...

Oh, what sweet cards!!

Kylie said...

Oooh how I love this trio of cards! So darn pretty!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh!! I really LOVE your cards here with the plaid papers!! That image is just as sweet as can be too!! Wonderful take on the vehicle challenge too!! I just love it!! :) HUGS

Kim M said...

These cards are just so sweet! Kind of like you are! :-) I love the plaid one best I think. :-)

Rose said...

Three very sweet & pretty cards Carol! You have coloured them beautifully to match the papers.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Now isn't that the most adorable set of all?!!!!