Friday, April 8, 2016

Thanks, U Rock...Inkspirational Challenges #106

Hello,

Hope you're having a most wonderful day! I'm still at my mom's (heading home Sunday...sighhh).  Kindergarten volunteering was on the schedule today and once again, I had a blast.  We went on a field trip to the local fire station where the fire fighters were amazing with the kids...and yes, they were definitely easy on the eyes, too! Men in uniform...oops, did I say that out loud *grin*

Anyway...moving on...

My DT - ShaunaSandiePiaMarinaKim and I - along with our ever-so-talented guest designer, Sathya, all the way from UAE, are delighted to invite you to join us with our new Inkspirational Challenge #106~Rock.


Cool, right?  What does 'rock' spark for you?  Music? Mineral? Something or someone awesome?  Choices, choices....

My card features two things I do rarely: emboss AND watercolour. GASP! I know...but I had to practice a technique and colour combination that caught my attention at the free class (yes, FREE class!)  at Justine Hovey's blog.  Pretty much a total copy (although her colours blend much better than mine...but I tried...and I even did a couple more panels...), with an added little "u rock" label sentiment. 

Apologies for the photo, but this time, I'm blaming it on the embossing-warping issue.  
Grrr....fortunately, in real life, it's not 'quite' so evident...

Looking forward to seeing your *rockin'* creations in the gallery!

Also linking up at:
Simon Monday Challenge~Try to Resist

Thank you for spending time with me today; your visit brings me immense joy!


22 comments:

Rose said...

Your card is so lovely Carol! The pretty colours with that beautiful rose background is just gorgeous. I'm so glad you decided to give watercolouring another go because it looks fantastic.

sandie said...

Looks like you mastered this technique to me. I love the colour combo, hope you enjoy the time with your MUm and I am with you...men in uniform!

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love the soft colours, devine :0) hugs Pops x

Maura said...

Ok, now I know why those kindergarten teachers are always happy ;) Your card is lovely and the resist is beautiful for the lovely watercolors. Thanks for joining us for the Monday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

Brenda said...

I'm glad you had a great time being helper again Carol! Your right, I don't know what it is about a uniform, but men always look so good in them. lol I love your card and I love that you watercolored!!! Yay for you! And I think you did a fabulous job too. Now I'm off to watch that video myself. Hugs, Brenda

Mimi said...

Glad you had a fun day at the firestation... I mean Kindergarten! This card is so awesome... it ROCKS for sure! The colors make my eyes happy.

Kim Heggins said...

Carol...this is simply beautiful. Just love the wonderful colors you used and that sentiment is fabulous!!! Your field trip sounds like you had a blast!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So very pretty!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors!
And glad to hear your fire station visit was a blast! ;)

Darnell said...

I love this, Carol! I think you did a beautiful job with the blending!! It sounds like a fun time was had by all and I hope you have a safe drive home today!! Hugs, Darnell

Geri said...

Ah yes...men in uniform....sigh....

Gorgeous card! Don't know what you think might be wrong with this cuz it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Your embossing ins flawless and I LOVE the bold pop of black that you used for the sentiment!

Taunya Butler said...

Carol - You are so right!! You do ROCK and this card turned out totally ir"resist"ible!!! Love the colors and the way you did the sentiment - so classy but with a kick!! Hope you are super happy and doing well!!

Barb Ghig said...

So glad you had so much fun as a helper...and hey, I love a man in a uniform, too :)
Love this pretty card, Carol! You did an amazing job blending your inks, and your sentiment is perfect!

Susanne Vargas said...

What a wonderful background you created there! The colors are beautiful!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You rocked that background for sure!

Greta said...

Beautiful card--love the roses & colors!

Petra Swart said...

Your beautiful card totally rocks, Carol!!! Love the sponging in the lovely colours!!
Hugz

wienerhoneymooners said...

This card MOST definitely ROCKS!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Carol ... your foray into watercolouring on these gorgeous blooms worked a treat ... such a gorgeous background! Hugs, Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning!!!

Marina said...

Beautiful resist technique - love the 'hard' dymo sentiment , against the 'soft' flowers.

Kim M said...

A really lovely card, Carol! The colours are fantastic! Love it! :-)