Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sea Creatures Birthday...Always Playing with Paper The Challenge #63, Little Tangles Challenge #66~Ombre

Hello,

Popping in this 'daylight savings' Sunday with a card for two challenges.

First is Lesley's Always Playing with Paper The Challenge #63, where our incredibly talented and sweet friend, Anita, is the Guest Designer. She's brought a marvelously vibrant, 'finely feathered' card to the inspiration table (my card is quite the contrast, as you'll see):


Second is Little Tangles Challenge #66~Ombre.

I brought my mini sea creatures stencil out for a play, inking them up "ombre style" (or so I hope) with distress inks. Mermaid Lagoon, Fossilized Amber (for the sand) and Abandoned Coral - just *had* to use them *grin*  Cracked Pistachio..well, it was part of the set of four and seemed pretty for a seahorse...

Even though I live in the middle of the Rockies, I'm smitten with shells, starfish and seahorses (but not swimming! I'm scared of water!).  Trip to a beach to wander and admire the scenery?  How I wish...

Hope I didn't stray too far from your sketch, Lesley...

Thank you for spending time with me today;  your visit brings me immense joy!


16 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful, summery take on our sketch! Perfect color choices, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

Anita in France said...

What lovely ombré sea creatures, Carol ... such fabulous sponging ... so puts me in mind of tropical beaches ... oh to be there! Thanks so much for your wonderful sweet words and shout out, mon amie ... so delighted to have you playing along with us at The Challenge! Hugs, Anita :)

Brenda said...

I love your ombre sea critters Carol! I love shells, starfish and seahorses too, but I don't get in the ocean! I don't swim well first off and second the ocean is to big and vast to know what all is in it! lol Plus there are some BIG critters in it! Yep, this is how I love looking at sea critters. Which is very beautiful. I think your take on the sketch is fabulous. Hugs, Brenda

Petra Swart said...

Love your beauty inspired by the sea, Carol!! Such beautiful colours you have worked with!!!! ...and I don't like swimming, too!!!!
Have a great week!!!!
Hugz

Pam said...

Beautiful! I love these colors and you've used them so well in your ombre inking. We'd all love to be at the beach. I'm petrified of water, too. Another beautiful card, my friend! xx

Carole said...

Lovely card Carol....pretty colours...oh to be curling those toes in the sand right now! Love your stenciling and its pretty ombre looking to me! XX

Jeanne said...

Your sea critters look fantastic, Carol. I'm kinda sad to hear you are afraid of the water, though. I grew up swimming both in the pool and in the ocean. I was lucky enough to be able to go to the beach once a week or so during the summers-not so much nowadays. But I digress...your sea critters are so much fun dressed up in ombre. Your sponging is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing!! Hugs!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Carol! Love it!

Annette Allen said...

such a pretty card..
Thank you for joining us at Little Tangles!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow I just love this Carol!! So soft and pretty! HUGS

Jennifer Jackson said...

This beautiful card caught my eye! I love your soft colors and the simple layout! Gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Oh, everything about this card just screams watery beach. I love it. I am so lucky that I can walk out my front door and go to the beach almost any day I want. This card is like home to me.

Tracey McNeely said...

Could this be any more fabulous Carol! The colours and your fabulous sponging as so lovely. I am craving going to the beach, enough Canadian winter already!

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing card Carol...just love it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

Bobby said...

This makes me want to sing "Under the Sea", Carol. Love all those beautiful sea creatures.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

All those things I learn about you - not only are you scared of birds, but also of water...how about water birds? - sounds like a major nightmare ;)
Great card,reminds me about summer and also reminds me about a stencil I bought a gazillion years ago. collecting dust in my card room...Anyhow, that seahorse is adorable with its companions in those lovely colors!