Friday, December 19, 2014

Hello, hello....

Popping in on this 'five-sleeps-before-Christmas day' to share Inspiration Challenge #72, where we're invited to draw inspiration from this shimmery, sparkly, gorgeous city scene.



Incredibly talented Karen Mead is joining us as a Guest Designer, and her card, along with those of my team mates, capture the *WOW* of the photo beautifully.  Please be sure to visit their blogs, if you have time, and leave them some love; I know you'll make them smile:

Kim

With the busy-ness of wrapping up work for the break (woo hooooo...two weeks off! YES!!! *fist pump and happy dancing wildly*)  getting ready to travel four hours north to see my family this weekend,  back home on Sunday, then six hours west, on Christmas Eve day, to spend Christmas with my husband's family, my creativity opted for a simple, clean, quick, and oh-so-literal interpretation.

Paper Smooches city-scape die, cut twice in purple cardstock, once in silver shimmer paper, then the purple offset over the silver,and a dive into a new set of sentiment stamps from Lil Inkers.  The black frame is shimmer paper, as well. 


Hope you're inspired a wee bit by my card, Karen's and the design teams, and that you'll find some crafting time to join us in the gallery. The winner will be invited to guest design in a future challenge.

My card's heading off to Happy Little Stampers~December Challenge


Wishing you all a most wonderful 'nearly Christmas' weekend!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!




23 comments:

Nonni said...

What gorgeous ingredients this card has, Carol... I wish it was mine so I could see all the shimmer IRL! I love the sentiment stamp, I might need to get that for next year... Perfect for CAS cards too I think. Very beautiful as always. Have a fun weekend and then... Merry Christmas!

Karen M said...

Carol your card is so beautiful -I really love the design:) Thanks for you kind words and for having me along with you guys at ink this week - hugs xx

Lee-Anne said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Carol! Love that cityscape die in purple! Have a fabulous Christmas!

Kim M said...

Wonderful, beautiful, lovely CAS card! Great take on the picture. If I had a cityscape die, which I don't, I would have used it too. :-). Oh I received a lovely card in the mail the other day from my not-so-secret Santa. Thanks Carol! :-). You enabler you! ;-)

sandie said...

I love that die and how fab to design this as a Xmas card-have a fun time this weekend x

~amy~ said...

What a fantastic card, love the cityscape!

Jeanne said...

So, so pretty! Happy travels to family and enjoy the moments with them when you get there! Merry Christmas!

Susanne Vargas said...

Fantastic card! Absolutely love how you offset the skyline!
Wanted to wish you a belated happy birthday (wish I would know your email address...)!
And, of course, a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing more of you wonderful creations!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is AWESOME! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!

Brenda said...

Oh Carol, this is an awesome interpretation of the inspiration photo! I love the city buildings in purple and shimmer paper!! Your Santa and reindeer silhouette is perfect and I love the sentiment. Your rocked this challenge my friend! Safe travels for you and hubby, enjoy both families and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year! Hugs, Brenda

Kay Miller said...

Oh wow!! What a neat inspiration photo and even double more WOWZA with what you did with it!! Your card is fabulous!! I love the cityscape die and with the Lil Inkers sentiment you have yourself a sure enough winner! This is really a great card Carol! I hope you have safe travels and wonderful times with your family! A very Merry Christmas!! ((Hugs))

Linda Beeson said...

Your little city in the purple is the best!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How beautiful! Such a perfect interpretation of the inspiration photo!

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol you nailed the inspiration photo! I love that cityscape scene in purple! Eeek do I need that die...I hope that you have a wonderful day in the five short sleeps. Merry Christmas my friend!! xoxo

Marina said...

What a great idea to combine the 'statement' sentiment stamp with the city scape - fantastic.

Monika Reeck said...

May I ask you to have this card oooh I adore thiiisss Miss C..Yourr city scape is soo funtastic and ITS PURPLE...I LOOOVEEEE PURPLE and lovely sentiment too you made a great inspiration from that Photo inpiration...I adore your card...will make a purple card today and will join that challenge too..thanks for the lovely Inspiration Carol I love love love this much...hugs, Monika

PS: we are nearly the same my last post was 16 Dec and yours was 14 Dec and today I posting again and you too..how can be we made the same thing LOL...must be we have made appointment behind the scene haha....big hugs again for you my sweet friend

Carole said...

What a fabulous card. I adore that cityscape and the stamp . A truly stunning card. Hugs xx

Marisa said...

Love that skyline in rich purple!

Kylie said...

Ah this is so lovely. Clean, simple, elegant - perfection!

Greta said...

I just love your card, Carol! I really want to play along with the fun challenge--thanks for the inspiration!

Kylie said...

Carol, this is superb!! I absolutely love this. You have just inspired me to play along in the challenge. Thanks, also, for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous, Carol! I love the silver shimmer paper behind the buildings. I wanted to reply to your comment on my blog, but can't find your email addy. You should be able to email me directly from this comment or get mine from my profile, thanks.

Julia Aston said...

Love this card with the purple skyscape and that wonderful sentiment!