Friday, December 5, 2014

A Wreath and Stars...Inkspirational Challenge #71~Anything Goes with Gold, TPE #279~Photo Inspiration, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Christmas/Holiday

Hello!

First things first: a huge round of applause and exuberant  cheering for all the amazing entries in the gallery from our previous challenge of *Christmas, with optional twist of no red or green*. Creativity galore means selecting winners will be quite the task!

Today, beings a new challenge: Inkspirational Challenge #71


Gold...oh, the possibilities!  Joining the DT with an AH-MAZING card is our abundantly talented and oh-so-sweet guest designer,  Deborah.  Please be sure to stop by her blog and leave her some love, along with doing so for my fabulous team-mates, whose cards are Gold Star Awesome!


I have two gold-inspired cards for you.

The first features the charming Clearly Besotted Hanging Around wreath (gold embossed), popped up on a gold-dotted background, with a sentiment stamped in yummy Delicata gold ink.


The second features stars from Annabelle Stamps Gifted Swirls set, a sentiment that I love (have no clue where it comes from), and my first time EVER use of gold tape.


Gold..sighhhh!

Hope you'll find time in these hectic days leading up to Christmas (I am soooo behind in everything!), to join us in the gallery. One lucky winner will be selected to be a Guest Designer; I've LOVE if it were you.

I'm sharing Card #1 at:
The Pink Elephant #279~Photo Inspiration


Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Christmas/Holidays

Card #2 at


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!







24 comments:

sandie said...

There is that fabulois wreath! And you have really made it shine here! Thise baubles are so cute and love the font of the sentiment x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, these are both really super gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

Jeanne said...

Ohhh, the wreath card looks fantastic, Carol. And I like the Psalm with the stars, too. So pretty and inspiring!

~amy~ said...

Oh so pretty! Love them both.

Deborah Frings said...

Both cards are so beautiful. Clean, simple and very festive. Lovely work!

Pia Larsen said...

Uhuuu yummy card, Carol. I soooo dig the CBS choice of stamps :) FAB!

Brenda said...

Both cards are just beautiful Carol, but it that second card that had me looking closer! I love, love it!! I don't know where you got that verse stamp from but it is just perfect for Christmas and I so love those dangling stars-and your gold trim, well that just finished this card off perfectly! Be still my heart, because this is my favorite Christmas card!! I'm feeling panicked myself and need to stay off this dang computer to get things done! lol Hugs, Brenda

Tracey McNeely said...

Both gorgeous cards Carol! I love that CB wreath and the yummo Delicata ink! The hanging stars fabulous too!

Anita in France said...

These are both fabulous, Carol ... I'm especially taken with the hanging stars and that beautiful verse ... so perfectly complemented by the gold glitter tape ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)

Teresa Kline said...

beautiful cards, you are super talented! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh these are both beautiful!! Of course I adore the one with the cut out circle ;) The background paper is lovely behind the wreath and the gold sentiment is fabulous!! The second one is simply gorgeous! Hope you have a wonderful week! ((Hugs))

Susanne Vargas said...

Very pretty, both of them, but you probably know by now that the one with the stars is my favorite ;)

Marina said...

Two fabulous cards, both crisp and clean and yet the gold adds glamour. I love the way you've popped the front up on both of them. The gold tape looks great.

Dana said...

Fabulous cards!! I love that wreath!! And the stars and layout on that card is awesome and the golf tape is perfect!! (Wink, wink) :D

Hannelie said...

Love the way you used the sketch Carol!
Great job!
Thanks for sharing at CTS!

Monika Reeck said...

the card for Inspirational I have seen on the challenge blog and I am joining there too and I love your simplicity and sweet and easy design you made...great DT card miss C..I am joining there too but I am dissapointed with embossing at gold paper..would you mind to see it on my blogppost...(many thanks before)

...and the card #2 yeah you are clever by using the sketch..I have difficulty to change to my mind I will use butterfly but I dont think so my design as adorable as yours...hope you win the challenge my friend..big hugs...Monika

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Carol! The faux stitched panels and wreath on the top card are stunning. I love the sentiment on the second picture. Overall wonderful showcase of Gold!
- Shauna

Loll said...

So pretty Carol. Love the dotty background and your beautiful wreath. This would be perfect for the ATCAS challenge. Loll xx

Marisa said...

These are darling. Adore the wreath and what a fabulous mix of sentiment and image on the second.

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet and so lovely too. I love that wreath!!! And that sentiment on your second card, I love it and where did you find it? It pairs so well with all your sweet falling stars. You are amazing.

Greta said...

You really are an amazing designer, Carol! What beautiful cards!

Kim M said...

These are fabulous cards, Carol!! Love all the white space and I think you used the glitter tape wonderfully. Love that wreath! :-)

Leigh Penner said...

These are both gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I had to move the keyboard out of the way because I had started to drool when I saw the photos of your projects, C! I mean, Delicata gold ink merits a round of applause by itself, but the beautiful dotted background behind the wreath on your first project – holy smokes! GORGEOUS! BRILLIANT! ADORABLE! And of course lots of stitching, so my A and B note are both a huge thumbs up! As for your second card – CAS style and white on white. Do I need to say more?!