Saturday, May 10, 2014

Exciting News!!!!...Inspirational Challenge #56: Photo Inspiration, Addicted to Stamps and More #94

Hello everyone!  

I have some totally exciting, thrilling news to share, so be sure you're sitting down....Comfortable? Are you ready?  

I've been invited to be on the Inkspirational Design Team!! Yes!  I know! Me...as in 'me'...as in amateur, still figuring things out don't know what my style is...ME! I'm beyond honoured, totally nervous, and all-around thrilled with this opportunity!   


A huge thank you to the wonderful ladies at Inspirational - Marina, Nonni, Sandi and Shauna - for inviting me - and the other two newcomers - Pia and Kim - on this new, exhilarating journey.  Along with that, mega "THANK YOU" to all of you in this wonderful crafting community who have made my world so much 'bigger' and better!  Each of you - with your encouragement, support, positive responses to my creations (even when they're duds!), and  'friendships' - contributed to giving me the confidence to add "DT" to my submissions when the call first came out. You 'believe' in me, and that means more than words can express. Thank you x a zillion for being so amazing; thank you x a zillion for being gifts and treasures in my life!!  Whew...now, for the little bit of 'nervous' part - my card...



Inkspirational Challenge #56 invites you to join us in sharing inspiration based on this photo:



Two impressions came my mind when I first saw this lovely beach, sunrise and balloon scene (after I had a moment of panicked fretting about why, oh why, do I not have a single solid balloon stamp! Seriously...it is shopping time!):  celebration and freedom.  Balloons and birthdays, balloons and babies, balloons and special occasions; they just seem to go hand-in-hand.  Water, sky, the glow of the sun on the waves, the girl stretching her balloon bouquet as though to take flight...freedom.  So, with those ideas in mind, I created a card that combined 'celebration' in the form of 'congratulations' and freedom in the form of butterflies (surprise!)

I gold embossed the Congratulations as a link to the sun's reflection, and my butterflies I double-stamped to imitate the light-and-shadows of the balloons. 


Hope you enjoy my 'butterfly balloons'.

For more inspiration, please check out what the other members of the Inspirational Team  have shared; they are amazing:


Please join us in this challenge; I'm so looking forward to what I know will be amazing creations!

ETA:  I'm also entering into Addicted to Stamps and More #94, where the invitation is a CAS Challenge.

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!


35 comments:

Marina said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous- love the gradation of colour - and the way you've arranged them like balloons is perfect.

sandie said...

Congrats on joining our DT Carol, we are honoured to have you as part of our team. I love how you described how you thought about this card. I did the same. It took me ages to decide what to do and it is only because I have a set of balloon stamps that are really Nonni's that I came up with my card! Your gold embossing is perfect, I thought it was a sticker....no smudges! And your idea of stamping the butterflies twice is inspired! Have a fun weekend x

Kim M said...

Your card is beautiful, Carol! Love the double stamped butterflies and how they are floating above the congratulations just like balloons! Congrats on making the DT and I'm glad you took the plunge and tried out. You never know what can happen if you just try! :-)

Pia Larsen said...

Carol, this card is utterly fabulous! Love your interpretation of the balloons with these colourful butterflies. I really, really like the text showing on the butterflies. You can be very proud of yourself! I am glad you are on this DT.

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....I am so stinkin' excited fro you and sooooooo well deserved too. Your cards are simply amazing and I truly love your fabulous style. I can't wait to play along and see more of your gorgeous creations!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations Carol!! I am so so happy for you and this is so well deserved! You are going to be just amazing and this card is proof of that my friend! LOVE it love it! xoxo

Darnell said...

I think they were smart to ask you to be on the team, Carol! Congratulations!!!! Your inspiration card is perfection!! Hugs, Darnell

Nonni said...

So great to have you in the team, Carol! You very talented! :) I'm a huge fan of gold embossing and butterflies so this card is pretty much perfect to my eyes! That bold sentiment looks great and is very on-trend too!

Irish Cherokee said...

I think your butterflies are far better for this card than balloons. To heck with tradition. The colors and the way you did the butterflies is far more pleasing to the eye than balloons don't you think? Let the party begin.

Pop's Cards said...

Absolutely Fabulous Sweetie, and why would you be surprised?? your work is always droolworthy, well done my sweet friend hugs Pops x x x

Kay Miller said...

WOOOOO!! Congratulations Carol!!! That's wonderful and exciting news!! I think they picked a winner for sure when they chose you!! Your cards shine and this one is no exception! I love the colorful butterfly balloons! So creative and clever! Just so you know you are not alone. I don't own any balloon stamps or dies! Aaack!

Brenda said...

Yay!!! A BIG Congrats Carol!!! They chose the perfect person and let me tell you there are no duds on your blog at all!!! All you creations are just lovely to behold! I'm so excited for you!!! lol I love, love this card-what a fabulous take on the picture. I love the gold "congrats" and it is perfect for the sun shimmer, and the freedom of the butterflies are amazing! Loving those butterflies and their trails. Oh yes, this is a great take on the pictures. It is marvelous!! Hugs

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Carol I love your butterflies hovering like balloons, brilliant take on the challenge pic, Cathy x

Happy Dance said...

WOOHOO!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!! Raising a toast in your honor. And my dear friend, I'm positive that the crew looked at your past work, and saw how it passed well beyond 'muster' and knew you were the perfect fit for the DT! And as a perfect example, the above card is gorgeous. And brilliant. And I love it!! You'll do just fine. Relax, and enjoy this wonderful experience! Blessings to you dear friend. Bev

Kylie said...

Beyond excited for you, C! Just the start of many wonderful things for you. This card is absolutely beautiful too! :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Congratulations on your DT spot! How exciting! And you card is just fabulous! Love those colorful butterflies!

Shirley said...

First, what brand EP did you use to emboss your sentiment! It is fabulous and your card is beautiful. Love what you did with the butterflies too!!

Shirley said...

Got so caught up in your card I forgot to say congrats on the DT team!!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous Carol! I am so happy to have you on the team. I love the gold embossing against the white. Your butterflies are so fun and I like that stitch detail. I cannot tell if it is actual stitching or faux stitching... either way it is incredibly straight! Wonderful card!
- Shauna

Marisa said...

Whoo hoo!!!! A HUGE congrats to you, Carol!! So exciting to be on your first DT - remember it well :) Simply ADORE this card too! Who needs balloons when you can have butterflies :) Great use of the colours and inspiration from the photo. You go girl :)

Unknown said...

Carol, that is FABULOUS news and so very well deserved!!! Loving your card - great colours and a great way to represent the balloons. xxxxx

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congratulations Carol, I am so puffed up and proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, you will keep yourself busy, and I MUST play long with your challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon J said...

High five, fist pump, jumping up and down SO excited, beyond ecstatic and pretty much doing cartwheels to celebrate the news!! So, so proud of you, and oh my have you ever entered the DT world with a BANG!! Holy moly your card is dreamy!! Absolutely phenomenal, actually!!! Love that the scene inspired butterflies happily fluttering about...total design genius! I suspect this is the first of many, many DT opportunities!! WAY TO GO sweet friend!!!

~amy~ said...

Yay! congrats to you!!! I'm sooo excited for you!!!!! Awesome card, love the embossing and the inking on the butterflies!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Congrats on your new Design Team spot! I know you will do a fabulous job of inspiring challenge goers - especially if this first card is any indication! What a pretty "bouquet" of butterflies!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations! Your card is fantastic!

Greta said...

Hurray, hurray, hurray! Your first card is just fabulous, Carol! They're lucky to have you!

Dana said...

Yay!! Big, Big, Big Congrats!!! You kicked it off with a wonderful card!! I love the rainbow butterflies!! Can't wait to see all your inspirational cards!!

Kim S said...

Congratulations!!! SO exciting and completely deserved. Your first card shows it - what an amazing "bouquet" of beautiful butterflies!

stressfreestamping said...

This is so beautiful! I love the way you've inked your butterflies. They really do look like the balloons too! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :). And congratulations on being invited to be on the design team at Inspirational. Must check that one out! :)

Geri said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!

You sure know how to make an entrance dear friend! This is fantastic! Your interpretation of the photo is amazing, clever, beautifully executed and beyond stunning! The prettiest butterfly bouquet ever!

Congrats again dear friend! You sooooooo deserve the recognition!

Deborah Frings said...

Congratulations on joining the team. Your card is simply fabulous. I love the rainbow butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us at ASM this week!

Anita in France said...

Yaaayyy, Carol ... yes indeed ... congratulations, my friend ... so well deserved! What a stunning debut card ... love those butterfly 'balloons', so beautifully double stamped and full of gorgeous colour ... if you weren't on the DT already, I'd be calling winner! Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your DT position, love your two tone butterflies, they are stunning! Great card. Thanks for playing along at ATSM and Good Luck with the DT call for ATSM too. Monika

Marlena M. said...

HUGE congrats Carol! That IS exciting news! ;) Beautiful card~I love the gold embossing~