Monday, October 16, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #74 - Yellow and Kraft - Artsy Leaves Grateful for You (Tim Holtz)

Hello,

Welcome to Color Hues Challenge #74, where Hannelie has paired Yellow and Kraft as our inspiration for the next two weeks. Talk about a pretty combination.

Playing with my Tim Holtz Artsy Leaves once again; totally smitten with them! The essence of my design was inspired by this card created by Barbara. Obviously, my colour choices differ from hers, as do my wood grain embossing folder background and sentiment. I added Fallen Acorn mica spray (painted it on, as my spraying abilities aren't up to par!) to my leaves' veins. Sparkly! Speaking of leaves: they've sporting an assortment of yellow distress inks - Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey. 


Looking forward to seeing how Yellow and Kraft inspire you.

The challenge will be open until October 28th @ 9 AM EST!

The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge goes live.
The overall winner will have the opportunity to be a
future Guest Designer!

Thank you for dropping by!


9 comments:

Nancy said...

Those leaves are really fabulous and I love that you brought them out once again to play. The texture background is also perfect as is the sentiment! Great card, Carol!

Lisa Elton said...

I can see why you're smitten with those leaves! This is a wonderful card, Carol!

Julie B said...

Those leaves look fab against the textured kraft background Carol. With all the unseasonal weather over here, the leaves are still green for the most part. I noticed this morning that my potted acer has just started to colour up but no drop as yet. :)

JulieP said...

Your leaves are awesome!!! Love the embossed background as well. I'm in North Carolina right now so I have plenty of beautiful fall leaves to admire right now.

Cindy Beach said...

I can not get enough of seeing you use these gorgeous leaves and mica sprays, Carol! A beautiful tribute to fall!

Marcia Hill said...

Your Artsy Leaves are awesome Carol and I can totally see why you're so in love with them!! They look FABULOUS in the yellow and kraft and I'm loving the woodgrain background too! BEAUTIFUL card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol your leaves are awesome! They really pop off the embossed background. Beautiful!

Stef Perry said...

I can't tell you how much I LOVE this card, Carol!! The pattern of the leaves and how perfect our color combo works with this design. I can see why you like using those leaves, they are fabulous, as is your card!

Kim S said...

I love this! The leaves are so fun - and how fabulous in just yellow on kraft!