Friday, October 28, 2022

Inkspirational Challenge #277 ~ Designer's Choice - Fireworks...Card inspired by Harry Potter's Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-Bangs (Missees Men)

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #277, where our much loved, deeply missed Lindsey had selected Fireworks as her Designer's Choice. Let's light up the gallery with our cards/projects in memory of our sweet friend.
 

I have zero fireworks images in my collection, so for this challenge - and yes, it may be a 'stretch' - with something that reminded me of fireworks. I mean, that's what a word *prompt* is all about: literal and/or figurative interpretations!

I'm an avid Harry Potter fan and *fireworks* reminded me of the Weasley twins' Wildfire Whiz-Bangs, launched as part of the rebellion against nasty Dolores Umbridge. According to my research at the Harry Potter wikithese unstoppable fireworks were charmed to explode when struck with the Stunning Spell, and to multiply by ten when hit with the Vanishing Spell. Cool, right!

So, with that as inspiration, I decided to turn my Missees Man versions of Fred and George into a 6 x6 panel, covered with a magic wands patterned background.  I'll pass this along to my nephew, also an HP fan, and, if he wants, he can write notes/descriptions about the twins. It's my little effort to encourage him to write, something he's not always keen to do. I still have several of my Missees Harry Potter characters to share....I'll get to them...eventually...


Looking forward to seeing how *Fireworks* inspire you!

Thank you for dropping by!


4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Well, this is a firey interpretation and I'm here for it! Look at you go! I love the way you think, Ms. Carol. You are the awesomest!

Lisa Elton said...

My niece, a HUGE Harry Potter fan would get a kick out of this! What a fun card!

Marlena M. said...

Such a neat graphic design Carol!

Julia Aston said...

I loved Harry Potter! but don't remember these details of the twin (old brain!) fun and creative take on the challenge! xx