Sunday, February 18, 2018

Red and Green Peacock...The Library Challenge #1~Pride and Prejudice

Hello,

A new, ingenious BOOK-THEMED challenge has arrived in town and is making its debut today: The Library Challenge. The mastermind behind the cover is my lovely Inkspirational teammate, Marina, from My Perfect Life.

Here's the scoop on how to play along, which I've lifted from the blog...pure plagiarism...but I want to be sure the details are 100% correct:

If you love reading – or just looking at book covers – this challenge is for you.  Each challenge will feature a book and you can be inspired by :
The cover
or
The title
or
The Story

Challenge #1 is a well-loved classic : Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. 

You can be inspired by the: 


Cover - for example the peacock, the colour combo, the layout (use it like a sketch?).
or
Title - What do the words Pride or Prejudice mean to you? How about a card to tell someone you're proud of them? Or a layout featuring your pride and joy?
or
Story - Any project on the theme of romance could work.

Most clever ideas, right?! Right!

My card is a full-on literal (sorry...had to) interpretation of the cover, featuring my Hero Arts Layered peacock, sporting his stylish red-and-green feathers. I 'feel' like I should add more to the background, but in keeping with the image, I opted to go with clean and simple...


Ideas for a second card already percolating. Come play along; this is going to be FUN!

Also sharing at:



Thank you for dropping by!


12 comments:

Marina said...

It's literally gorgeous! I'm so glad you kept it cas to keep the focus on the beautiful peacock. Thank you so much for telling everyone about this new challenge and making this fabulous card.

Jeanne said...

I really like that the focus is on the peacock, Carol. Great colors and lovely sentiment. Great job on this card and the challenge. :)

Happy Dance said...

This is a 'novel' idea for a challenge (pun totally intended...sorry, not sorry! lol)!! One of my favorite books ever, and I'm going to head over and check out the details of this challenge in a minute. Your peacock is lovely and I love that you've left him as the focal point of your card. He looks wonderful against that perfect white background. The sentiment compliments him perfectly, too. Hoping for a chat soon! xo Bev

Vicki Dutcher said...

FUN Challenge great inspired card I like that peacock

Bobby said...

That is one gorgeous peacock, Carol. No background needed. Thanks for the link to a new challenge. It sounds interesting.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Oh Carol, I feel your card is PERFECT, I always like lots of white space so the attention is focused on the reason for the card! Glad I found your blog!

Shelly said...

Oooh, such a pretty card!! Sounds like a fun challenge, too! :)

Anita in France said...

Bold and beautiful, Carol ... a perfect take on the inspiration! Thanks for all the details on this new challenge ... sounds heaps of fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome, that prancing peacock! I wish I would find the time to play along.... too many DT projects coming up...

Susanne Vargas said...

Your gorgeous peacock doesn't need any fancy background - it looks perfect on the white background! This new challenge sounds awesome! I LOVE to read! We'll see if I can come up with something...

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful! Love the design! Thanks for joining us over at Create & Inspire Challenges.
Creative hugs, Maria xx
(scrapsdamaryv.blogspot.pt)

Claire said...

The peacock is beautiful and really suits a CAS style card which makes it really eye-catching x