Friday, March 24, 2017

Happy Easter...Inkspirational Challenge #131~Photo Inspiration

Hello,

A hearty thank you and round of applause for those of you who joined our Inkspirational Smooshing challenge! Such fabulous creativity and inspiration; I may become addicted to this technique after all!

Now, 'tis time to invite you Inkspirational Challenge #131~Photo Inkspiration.


Our wonderfully talented guest designer this week is Birgit; you'll find her card wonderfully magical, as you will those of my marvelous team-mates (who now know I was this close to bailing...). Please leave them some love: 
Yvonne - welcome back!!!!
Okay...ahem...here's my card.


I know exactly what  just ran through your mind: "What the heck?", right?  And yes, I completely accept that.  But...bear with me as I babble out my connection. Sooooo, as challenging as I found the smooshing to be, this photo took the proverbial cake in proving to be nearly 'un-do-able' for me.  Yes, plenty to draw from...cards, a key, a magic hat, a candle stick, colours, shapes (diamonds/circles...), tricks,  but nothing...absolutely x 100% nothing would gel for me.  I was about to play hooky (I'm serious...I had an 'I'm soooo busy' ruse lined up *grin*), but then I spotted the bunny.
So...I went with:

  • my Uniko Some Bunny bunny (fussy-cut, even!)...
  • and a circle...
  • and colours (if you zoom, you'll see pink in the candlestick, yellow to the right of that, on the photo's edge and orange, on the book), using my Uniko Background Blocks Halftone Clear Stamp
  • and a heart (several appear around the arrangement).

Before I knew it, an Easter card appeared! Magic! Just like waving a wand and pulling a bunny out of a hat!

And that, my sweet friends, is my story of how this inkspirational photo proved not to be my undoing, but a muse...an Easter muse, of all things!

Turning the stage over to you.

Looking forward to seeing your 'magical' creations in the gallery!

Also sharing at:

Uniko Studio Challenge #40~Spring, with an Optional Twist of Easter


Thank you so much for dropping by;your visit brings me joy!














14 comments:

Nonni said...

As you already know, I think this card is great! The halftone circles look wonderful in the color tones you chose and that bunny is just so cute... Perfect little Easter card! Those are one of my favorites to make and I have a tack waiting for April when I'll post them all! :)

sandie said...

You did a fab job of picking the one element and a lovely soft palette. I love it x

Jeanne said...

Super cute card and I enjoyed hearing how it came to be for you. Love the dots in the circle. Such lovely colors! Well done, Carol! :)

Joyce said...

Fantastic and adorable. Great job with a challenging photo.

Marisa said...

That bunny image just makes me smile :) Love the coloured circle behind him. Darling card

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Carol! Thank you for the warm welcome back, and for being my Secret Santa. I am quite far behind with written correspondence. I love your bunny card and would bet others will be inspired by it to join our challenge! Take care, Yvonne

Marina said...

Well, I think it's perfect for the challenge and I love your sugary colours.

Brenda said...

I definitely saw where you got your inspiration from Carol and I just love it! That bunny is too adorable and I love that background circle you made. The colors are fabulous! hugs, Brenda

Lindsey said...

Fab bunny - and fussy cut too! Love how you've tied the mini heart & bow tie with the halftone background c

Jane said...

Fabulous combination of Uniko stamps and the colours are just gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

Anita in France said...

That picture put me in mind of the White Rabbit, Carol ... so I could see straight away how you were inspired ... your soft and sweet little bunny is adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

This is a delightful Easter card! Love the cute bunny, the background in the circle, and all that white space!

Bobby said...

I think I'd try to bail on that photo too, Carol, but you pulled it off magnificently with that darling bunny.

Beverley said...

Your card is delightful Carol in so many ways. I love the crisp white with the pops of Spring colours and how you have used the Halftone BG is stunning. A wonderful combination and showcase of Uniko stamps. Thank you so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x