Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Grade 1...You've Got It Made!....CAS(E) this Sketch #187, Make My Monday Challenge #29~Back to School, Words 2 Craft By Challenge #32~A Single Step, Can You Case It Challenge #135~Back to School, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Anything Goes

.Hello,

So, you've only heard...er, read...me sharing about a bazillion kazillion times that my sweet niece, Ms. T will be starting Grade 1 tomorrow (or today, depending when you've stopped to visit).  While that is quite exciting for her, let's just say that Aunty C is...well, excited and nervous. She's a smart, sweet, personable gal...and her curiosity and zest or learning knows no bounds. Heck, I'd love to be her teacher *for reals* (I "might" be a just a bit envious of those who will be...); on the other hand, on some levels, I can still teach her stuff...or, as the case often is, she can teach me. Yes, being her aunty is the best. job. ever.

To mark this 'momentous' occasion, I made her a card (images from Alley Way stamps); a water-coloured one, no less! It's much prettier in real life, with sparkles on the crayon and paste, and glossy accents on the bookworm's glasses. Inside, I stamped: You've got it made.  You've got SMARTS!  She does...oodles of smarts...and cuteness, too!


As you can see, my design inspiration comes from CAS(E) This Sketch #187


After work tomorrow, I'm heading her direction.  Hopefully, all will go well - big girl britches are ready-to-wear for the solo highway drive - and I can deliver it in person. Hope she likes it and I'm especially looking forward to having her read me the sentiment inside!!

I'm also sharing over at:

Make My Monday Challenge #29~Back To School

Words 2 Craft By Challenge #32~A Single Step, with inspiration from this quotation (one of my favourites):

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.  ~~ Lao-Tzu

Can You Case It Challenge #135~Back to School
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Anything Goes


Thank you so much for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!

19 comments:

~amy~ said...

Perfect for the new First Grader!

Dawn Fields said...

Congrats on your niece entering first grade. Great back to school card! I love the images on this card and how you colored all of them. Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It! Dawn

Patti said...

Girl! this is THE sweetest card evah!! I am so happy you will be able to deliver it in person and I will deliver up a prayer for you so that you have safe and EASY travels! tomorrow in your "fancy pants" : ) You'll be just fine!!

Patti

Unknown said...

Love the card so cute! Great bright colors! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

Rose Packer said...

Great card, it's bright, it's fun - perfect for a first grader. Thanks for playing along with us at CYCI - Rose.

Sybrina K said...

Carol, What an adorable card to commemorate the first day of first grade! And, I just know that Ms. T. loved it. Hope she loved her first day just as much. Thank you for joining our Single Step Challenge over at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Geri said...

Yep...mark my words (my mom always said that)...this card is soooooo going to be in some (if not all) Winner's Circles!!!

You nailed the Case sketch with the design and a cuteness factor that will be off the charts! So clever, so creative and so awesome!!!

Bobby said...

Ms. T will be thrilled with this card, Carol. It's so cute, creative and beautifully watercolored.

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, she will love this card! It is adorable and fun!
Have a safe trip!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun, Carol! I love it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Carol, this is super adorable! I love it! Thanks for joining us at CYCI!! Have a great weekend!

StampedbyChris said...

Very cute card. I love the Bookworm!

Jeanne said...

What an exciting time for your sweet niece! I'm a little late to the party, darn, but my hope for a successful and wonderful first grade year lasts past the first day. She is so lucky to have an aunty who so clearly loves and supports her. Your card is fantastic! Wonderful images watercolored beautifully. I'm sure her smile was a mile wide! Good for you for doing a solo drive! You are a brave woman. :) Big hugs!

Marisa said...

Adorable collage of images :) Perfect send off to 1st grade.

debby4000 said...

Perfect and brilliant back to school card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Anita in France said...

Adorable, Carol ... Miss T will have loved reading you the sentiment inside! Hope her first days went wonderfully! Hugs, Anita :)

Nandini said...

Very sweet card. I am sure little Miss T will love it! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday Challenges. Nandini, DT

Rose said...

So, so cute! An exciting day for her and I'm sure she is going to love your card!