Saturday, July 9, 2016

Just Us Girls Challenge #351~Trend Week: Sponging, STAMPlorations~July CAS Card Challenge, Anything Goes Challenge and Spotlight Project Challenge, Paru's Card Making July Challenge~Birthday

Hello,

I'm thrilled to be returning as the July Guest Designer for the new challenge at Just Us Girls Trend Week #51~Sponging.  I love sponging...I love to ink up stencils...and I *bet* you think that's what I've done....


HA!  Surprise!

As luck would have it, I found marvelous inspiration over at Lori Hairston's place, where she shares an incredibly pretty card and engaging video that involves sponging with sponges...simple, easy-to-find makeup sponges.  Had to give it a go. Had to!

Here's a photo of my 'background' tools...easy-peasy!


Dab and smack...repeat! Add a die cute fairy and Serendipty sentiment and...voila! Such fun!

Of course, bringing out the sponges lead to bringing out some stencils (couldn't resist). My new STAMPlorations Build Me A Rose stencil needed a play date...


This rose has such versatility...and, in pairing it with this fabulous Serendipity Thanks sentiment and STAMPlorations Weaving stencil, I think I've achieved a kind of whimsical flavour.

Once again, to the awesome gals at Just Us Girls:  thank you for yet another chance to play alongside you!  To all my visitors: please head over to JUGS where you'll be dazzled with a whole lot of sponging sensations!

NOTE: Honoured and delighted to receive Honourable Mention at CASology! Thank you, Tracey!!

Also sharing at:

Paru's Card Making July Challenge~Birthday


STAMPlorations July CAS Card Challenge


STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge


STAMPlorations Spotlight Project Showcase


 My second card was sparked by Stenciling Made Easy with Cornelia, Part II. Her second card features stenciling on patterned paper; I stenciled over a stencil...her inspiration, my 'twist')
ETA:  I've received a couple nudges (thank you!) to add my card to CASology Week 205~Chevron, so I will.


Thank you so much for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me immense joy!


24 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun use of sponging! I also love the dual stenciled rose -- very pretty

Brenda said...

Ha! I almost thought you had used the little ink cubes to make your background Carol, but you fool me twice! lol I love that background you created, it fun and so pretty. Your little fairy finished it off perfectly with the perfect sentiment as well. To sweet! Now I am totally loving this rose stencil and card! Wowzers! So pretty, so elegant, so CAS! Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

Shelly said...

Two fun and sweet cards! Love the sponging!

Kim Heggins said...

Two beautiful cards Carol...really love your amazing backgrounds. Your second card reminds of the rose in Beauty and the Beast, just gorgeous.

Barb Ghig said...

Be still, my heart...A lovely fairy with a sponged background, and GORGEOUS stenciled rose? You have really out-done yourself, Carol...both cards are really beautiful!
Congrats on your well deserved Guest Designer spot at JUGS...Way to go!
By the way...this week's Cue Card at CASology is 'Chevrons', and your rose card would fit right in :)

Lisa Kind said...

Dab and smack...love it! LOL! Your card is so cool! I love that bg! And your second card is very pretty! Love those stencils!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Not one, but two awesome cards! I love your use of the makeup sponges on that colorful background with the fairy and your rose card is simply gorgeous! Great job combining all of those challenges, too.

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your GDT spot love the silhouette Fairy and fabulous background will have to try that! beautiful stencils on the second card very elegant
Carol x

Nancy said...

You sure did fool me with those squares I thought for sure it was indeed a stencil! What a wonderful background it turned out to be. I also adore your second card as well! Fantastic job on both Carol!

Ardyth said...

Love the fun fairy card and also the way you've used the softened edges on the chevron background! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Ina G said...

Fabulous sponging. Love both cards Welcome to Guesting with us at Just Us Girls.

Anita in France said...

Cool smack and dab background, Carol ... so pretty behind that sweet fairy! Lovely rose ... classy and stylish! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol two very cool cards. I love that used used makeup sponges for your background on the first card and the pretty fairy silhouette! Card two for CASology is fabulous, you are such a pro at softly stenciled backgrounds! So pretty and thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Joyce said...

Two wonderful cards, Carol. Love your make up sponged background--perfect for your little fairy. And, so glad you entered your 2nd card at CASology. Love the dreamy look when everything is sponged. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Susanne Vargas said...

Yes, you surprised us with your first background! Great idea, love the look! And the new rose stencil from STAMPlorations is so pretty and the card you made with it, too!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, that make-up sponge bg is so perfect for your sweet little fairy, Carol!!! Love the beautiful colours you've used for this pretty card!!! Your stencilled rose looks fabulous - love the soft chevron bg you've given it and that sentiment stamp is just great!!!! So stylish, my friend!!!
Hugz

Melissa L. said...

Congrats on your HM at CASology! Loveliness!

Paru Mahtani said...

So very pretty...love the die cut and the soft stenciling!!
Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges

Judy Woodland said...

It's been such a pleasure to have you with us this month, your creations are beautiful. And this one is no exception. Your sponging is fantastic!! Great take on the challenge. Now to go watch the video.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous rose with the subtle bg!! You are rocking those stencil!s!

Greta said...

2 beauties, Carol!

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful, cool and you are the Queen of sponging and shading - I am in awe of that beautiful rose, and the multi colored sponged background is so delightful to look at!!

Geri said...

So glad I scrolled down further or I might have missed these two stunning creations! The Tinkerbell card is delightful - adore the colors and the softness that you created. The second card took my breath away! Gorgeous, elegant, and a stunning, subtle inked backdrop (chevron ?) that totally rocks this design!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Beautiful backgrounds! Thanks for joining us at the stamplorations cas challenge!