Friday, July 3, 2015

Inkspirational Challenge #86~Grunge...STAMPlorations 2nd Birthday Blog Hop & Linky Party

Hello and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to all my friends in the US!  May you have a Saturday filled with celebration and fireworks!

Today, my DT and I are inviting you to Inkspirational Challenge #86~Designer's Choice, as selected by our sweet Sandie ...


Grunge is characterized by distressed, worn-out elements and the use of subtle or earthy colours. Think torn edges, textured backgrounds, 'dirty' appearance, splatters, stains, even hand-drawn lines. That said, grunge doesn't always mean "dirty" or subdued colours. A card can have subtle grunge elements in light or soft ink and yet still look clean and simple. Just think of grunge as the opposite of "polished". 

Please welcome our talented Guest Designer, Ashwini, who has created two amazing grunge-themed cards to inspired and delight.  My DT has a marvelous array of creativity happening as well, so please, drop by to see. *Impressed* guaranteed! 

 Pia

My card features some new STAMPlorations stencils and stamps that arrived in my mailbox recently:  Bloom Factory and its companion, Bloom Factory - ARTplorations Stencil. I used the dotted stamp from Mixed Media Grunge  and the sentiment from the recently released,  Party Time sentiments set.  Oh, the joys of being a STAMPlorations stamp club member...all kinds of cool things to welcome int my collection!  


So...simple grunge that I know *you* can do with supplies you have on hand! Showcase your grungy style by joining us in the Inkspirational gallery! The winner will be invited as a Guest Designer n a future challenge.

Also sharing at:

STAMPlorations 2nd Birthday Blog Hop & Linky Party and Anything Goes



Seize the Birthday~Anything Goes


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,

31 comments:

Hannelie said...

Great job Carol! Love the look!
Thanks for joining us at Seize the birthday!

Pop's Cards said...

I love this sweetie I love the super soft colours too hugs Pops x

Jeanne said...

I like the soft colors you used, Carol. Those flowers are pretty, too! Happy weekend to you!! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome way to join in at our birthday party!

Deepti said...

Love the grunge u created and so glad you linked at the party !

Kim Heggins said...

Fabby card...just love that grunge look you created!

Geri said...

Great 'grunge' card! You are so talented! From the looks of this 'grunge' creation, I'd say that you have mastered the technique...and this is....what...your first grunge card? Well done pal! Love the colors too!

Marisa said...

Way to walk on the wild side ;)

Brenda said...

Well Carol, it looks like you have master the grunge technique! I love this card, don't think I would be able to pull off grunge, but you have and it looks fabulous! Hugs, Brenda

Colleen said...

AWESOME card, Carol! I don't think I have ever done grunge, but I love the look you achieved with the stencil and stamps! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Marina said...

I love that peachy colour with the grunge. Beautiful stamping.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love the peach and gray and the wonderful images and stencils you've combined for that great grungy look! Have an awesome day Carol!

Pam said...

Love this! Those colors are great. Fabulous stamping on this grungy card.

Anita in France said...

Such pretty grunge, Carol ... lovely stamped and stencilled colours! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Now that's what I call beautiful grunge! Love your card, Carol!

Kim M said...

This is awesome Carol! Love the design with the stamping and stencilling along the edge. Fantastic! :-)

Joyce said...

I never think of ;'pretty' in the same sentence as 'grunge', but your card is exactly both of those. Love how you have creatively combined stamps and stencil, and you have picked the perfect colors to work with as well.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I could have sworn I left a comment on this card yesterday - I guess not...You can even do grunge well! I so much struggle with that...

Leigh Penner said...

Very cool card, Carol!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful design, Carol! I love how you paired your stencil and stamps to create a 'grunge' effect, and the color palette is fabulous!

Shelly said...

Awesome card, Carol!

Shona Chambers said...

This is so pretty, even though its 'grunge' which is something I only realised can happen recently. Love the soft peachy colour and that stencil is awesome. Might just have to have a go at this challenge after all......

Dana said...

Love your take on grunge!! Makes me want to try it because i doubt i'd be very grungy!!!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh what an amazing card,Carol!! The background and the stamping on top is just fabulous!! You are amazing,Carol!!
I would like to Thank you from the bottom of my heart for stopping by and leaving all of your wonderful comments!! I am SO glad i got to meet you here!! You just know how to make a crafty girl very happy!! Thank you SO SO much!!!
BIG HUGS and a wonderful day to you sweet friend,
Cindy

Monika Reeck said...

so soft background for your Grunge card
I cant make grunge with flower
I will make manly card but you did it so well
great card Miss C
love this

Shauna said...

Wow Carol! You nailed the grunge challenge! I love the mixed stamping and colors. Great technique!
- Shauna

Nonni said...

Great use of this stamp & stencil combo and mixed media set... Perfect for grunge! Very good looking bg which was surely fun to make!

Pia Larsen said...

Awesome floral grunge Carol! I honestly would not have thought about combining grunge and flowers, but heck I am also only a beginner to the grunge style ;o)

Glenda J said...

This is terrific! Absolutely fantastic grunge flowers! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Taunya Butler said...

You make grunge look good!!! this is awesome and what a terrific combo you have here of images and colors - you so rock!!

Kylie said...

Oh I LOVE grunge cards and this is amazing! I recently bought some grungy stamps as I would love to be able to make cards like this. So clever, C!