Friday, June 19, 2015

Happy "Wild Thing" Birthday...Inkspirational Challenge #85~Wild

Hello,

How quickly the past two weeks have flown!  Today, my Inkspirational DT and I invite you to play in Inkspirational Challenge #85



What images does "WILD" conjure for you...wild flowers, wild animals, 'going' wild - and with summer break a week and a bit away, I am ready to go wild!   So many launching points with this word...

Joining us for this challenge is our incredibly talented Guest Designer, Jenny. Her card has some *wonderful wild* going on, as do those of my team-mates:

 Pia,

Please check out their cards and leave them some love; they'll be thrilled.

Living in a small town in the Rockies, I'm surrounded by 'wild'...bears, cougars, elks, gophers (by the fields-ful!)...not to mention the tourists who fill our streets, stores and cafes on the weekends! Wildlife, wild life...we see it everywhere. But it's the 'not seen' wild life - the 'stuff of legend - that I'm pretty sure finds a home somewhere in 'them thar hills' that piqued my card inspiration:  SASQUATCH! Yes....the mighty, but rarely seen Sasquatch...aka *Bigfoot* ...aka *big hairy humanoid*..aka *yeti*...aka one of my images from The Alley Way Stamps, that I haven't inked up and coloured in a mighty long time!  Wild prompt = wild response. Yes, my card is just plain silly!).  

I present to you: a Prima coloured "wild thang', with a bouquet of rainbow DI balloons, all Wink of Stella-ed up (he is a somewhat of a classy dude).


Kid card...giving it to my sister-in law for her birthday card going-to-parties collection. I'm sure a three-four year old will find it funny...and I hope you do, too...maybe just a little bit of a smirk...*grin*

Anyway, go wildly wild with your Wild-inspired card; see you in the gallery!

By the way, we're at a bike race this weekend, at Kicking Horse Pass, a couple hours west of where we live. The bike race is one thing, but check out the accommodations the organizer arranged for us here.  Isn't that place wild? I'm so excited!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,

30 comments:

Pia Larsen said...

First I gotta say "Wicked accommodations!". Mr. T will be green with envy if I show him these pictures. It will remind him of his skiing trips to Canada. I have said I wouldn't mind him going again, just as long as I get to come with him ;o)
And super cool & funny take on our INK challenge....have you ever met the fella himself aka Bigfoot ;o)

Pia Larsen said...

Totally forgot to say congrats on your spotlight over at the W&W blog. Stunning cards you've made, Carol :o)

sandie said...

Didn't see you were Spotlight at WW, will pop over there. And this card is really fun x

~amy~ said...

Now how fun is this?!

That home is beautiful...have a wonderful weekend!

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this creation is amazing,it made me giggle what a super fun make, hugs Pops x

Jeanne said...

What a fun and wild card. Sure made me smile and giggle.Great job. I really like your sense of humor. Wow, those accommodations look pretty spectacular. Have a happy day!

Kim Heggins said...

What a fun, fun card! I love your sweet wild guy. Wishing you a fabulous weekend.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is hysterical C. I love it. I especially love the big toes... funny and fab.

shirley-bee said...

Hehehe, lemme know if you meet one over the weekend - or maybe not! Love, love, love that accommodation - what a view from the kitchen window!

Brenda said...

Have you been at my house recently Carol?! That is all my guys watch is shows about Sasquatch! lol So this card is just perfect and even more perfect for the man in one's life. lol I love it too, that Sasquatch is just too cute and I love that he doesn't smell. I hate smelling things! OMGosh, that cabin is amazing!! Who is going to want to leave to go ride bikes after being in that beauty?! Carol, I think you should just stay in the sauna while the race is on. lol I hope you are enjoying every minute of your biking trip! Hugs, Brenda

Marina said...

So fun and colourful - just a great interpretation of the theme - how do you get your WOS to show??!!!

Kim M said...

Oh my gosh, this is too funny! A Sasquatch stamp?! I want it! LOL. Love this super fun card, Carol. Love the bright balloons. Fantastic!

Pam said...

This is fabulous! Bigfoot - yes!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wild indeed - so funny!

I Card Everyone said...

c!!! Oh this is SO great! Love everything about it but the best? His big toes, on his big feet!! He's a fave in our house ... LOve the digs - WOW!
=] Michele

Shauna said...

Ha! What a fun card. I love that he is holding balloons! Such a perfect kids card and perfect for the wild challenge!
- Shauna

Darnell said...

A smirk?! Girl, I laughed right out loud!! That is the best WILD card you could have made, Carol! Just love the toes, especially!! Hugs, Darnell

Sarah G said...

Such a fun card, Carol - great to see your wild side!

Dana said...

Haha!! love that guy with the balloons!! Perfect card for a kid!!

Greta said...

Oh too cute! Bigfoot is a big deal in our neck of the woods, too, but don't think he's quite this lovable!

Happy Dance said...

Oh you wild thing you! This is soooo much fun! Love this Big Footed fella, but the poor critter doesn't quite know what to do now that he's surrounded by all those balloon! Very sweet. GREAT take on 'wild.' Bev

Bobby said...

So funny and fun, Carol. I think he's bewildered by all the balloons. Great cabin in the wild. Hope the yeti stays away. ;)

Shona Chambers said...

How was the bike race??? Did you wear enough clothing?? The place where you were staying is just stunning and the views are to die for. Hope it all went well for everyone involved. Loving this card. I had no idea there was a Sasquatch stamp in the world, its hilarious and any kid would love this. So fabulous....a bit like yourself!!

Nonni said...

This is so cute and funny! I love it that he comes with balloons. What a cool wild dude. ;)

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... what a brilliant sasquatch, Carol ... all ready to party with his shimmery balloons! Fabulous house ... hope the snow wasn't like that!! Hugs, Anita :)

Deepti said...

Hahaha! This is totally wild ;) and I like the rainbow of balloons !

Geri said...

This. Totally. Rocks.

Guaranteed that there will be a request for more of these cuz "Big Foot" plus young boys = lots more cool Aunty C cards needed!

Barb Ghig said...

"Classy Dude" is right! I love how you added sparkle,and I think it's going to go over really well with the little ones at a birthday party! Love it to pieces!!!

Taunya Butler said...

Cool and fun and got a big chuckle out of me - love your coloring and I am not sure what I would do if one of these showed up to wish me a happy birthday - I might freak out EVEN IF he had such lovely balloons as these!!! Such a clever card and a perfect take on the cue word of WILD!! I must say I am WILD about this card and the wonderful, sweet messages you leave for me on my blog!!!

Kylie said...

Oh wow, this is such a fun and happy card! Love it!