Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Little Tulips and Butterfly Note...Clearly Besotted Challenge #10: Spring, Retrosketches #111

Hello...and I'm dashing in (again), fingers flailing wildly across my keyboard (why, oh why, when I need something typed tout de suite, does my mistake-making ability amp up! I haven't written even one word correctly since starting this.  Grr...) before the gate closes on the Clearly Besotted Challenge #10: Spring, with a layout inspired by Retrosketches #111


My card (I haven't had a card-making opportunity for what seems like ages, so I'm feeling rusty with my 'waiting-for-attention' stash) is a simple little version of things I love about spring:  flowers, especially tulips, and butterflies.  Neither have appeared here yet, but...one of these days, one of these days...Spring will make its dazzling presence known!   The tulips are sparkly in real-life; I imagined them as tulips kissed by morning dew....


We had an excellent Easter weekend with my family; absolutely excellent!  Of course, my Aunty C time with my niece and nephew was filled with hugs, cuddles, laughter, running alongside them while they rode their bikes (you should see my nephew on his run-bike - the ones with no pedals - he just gives 'er!!), Easter egg hunting, and all around just 'being' with them.  Love them to bits and pieces!!

One of the highlights of the time together involves a firetruck, as in a real firetruck, and accompanying firemen.  Stay tuned for 'soon' when I'll share details and , hopefully, photos.

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

17 comments:

Anita in France said...

I'm smiling, Carol ... I just sneaked in to CB too before the door shut! This is a delight ... gorgeous sorbet colours ... and with butterflies and tulips ... wonderful harbingers of spring! Can't wait to hear about the firetruck (and firemen!). Hugs, Anita :)

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the card Carol. Clean and colorful. That is a special butterfly.

Greta said...

Great use of the sketch, Carol! Love all the elements & the colors you used! Glad you had a wonderful Easter & that you're home safe & sound!

Cindy Lovell said...

Such a beautiful card,Carol!! I love how you used the CB goodies!! And great use of Emma's edge die...looks fab!!!
So glad you and your family had a great Easter time!! Sounds like a lot of fun!!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Brenda said...

Oh Carol, I am so loving this card! A great sketch too!! I too love the flowers and butterflies on a warm spring day. Were the warm is I don't know. lol One day it will arrive and stay at both our homes. I hope you don't get to much snow!!! But on the bright side it does let you stay in an create! I went to CAS-ogly and only saw a garden challenge not a thirds challenge. Am I in the right place?? lol Yea, I can be pretty dense at times. lol Hugs

sandie said...

gorgeous Carol, love the tulips, fab colours...and I am awaiting the fireman photos!!!

Brenda said...

LOL Thanks Carol, glad that I'm not the only one who does things like this. lol I entered, thank you!!! Hugs

Kay Miller said...

CUUUUUUUTE!!! This is simply adorable Carol!! I just got this cute little flower set from Clearly Besotted too and have been playing around with it. Haven't come up with anything blogworthy yet! haha! You sure did though! So glad you had a fun and happy Easter with your family! (Hugs)

Shannon J said...

A-dor-a-ble!!! LOVE the fresh look, the perfect spring colours, the dew kissed tulips, the pretty butterfly fluttering by...love, love, love it!! And the white background really makes everything pop!!! The background paper is so fun and on trend with the triangles and the stitching adds a lovely finishing touch. Just FAB!!! Can't wait to hear all about the fire truck! And can't wait for tomorrow...!!! Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!! :)

Happy Dance said...

Am loving this one, Carol! Soft and sweet colors, darling little butterfly and those tulips...oh. my. gosh!!! Beautiful card. Love this!! And am really looking forward to hearing all about the adventures with T&C!! Have a great weekend dear friend. Bev

Dana said...

SWEET card!! I love the layered notebook pages and the tulips are fab!! Love it!!

Stephanie said...

Wonderful card, Carol! I love the layering and bright colours :) Thank you so much for entering the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

Kylie said...

Oh my goodness, this is so darling! From those gorgeous colours to the layered paper and that little butterfly, I just love it all. Bet this one wins!

Joni Andaya said...

What a lovely card Carol :)

Geri said...

I'm so glad that you managed to sneak into the doors before they closed because this card will definitely be a stand-out in both galleries! A perfect combination of every wee detail - color, elements, paper, design layout - everything is perfect!

Firetruck? Anxiously waiting to hear the deets!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

great design my dear, I love the flowers that pop in front and the perfect little butterfly. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous Easter Carol. The kids certainly make it all so much more fun! We had a lovely warm sunny day and so it was perfect for rolling eggs and having an egg hunt in the garden. It always helps though if you remember where they are all hidden!! I think a few went a miss!!!! Oh well :-) What a gorgeous card again. I love this torn out notebook page effect - so very 'in' just now. You DP ties in perfectly with the colours you have chosen for the tulips. Very "spring" like. This definitely deserves to stand out in the challenge at Clearly Besotted. xx