Pages

▼

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #107 - Gothic Christmas - Guest Designer - Joy to One and All Gothic Christmas Tree (Tim Holtz Tree)

Hello,

I super excited to be joining Jo - as her Guest Elf - for Christmas Kickstart Challenge #115. What an honour! 
As you likely know, but just in case you're new here, the idea behind her challenge is that her guest designs a card which she, in turn, draws inspiration from in creating her card. Then, she invites everyone to join in the fun with their takes on the theme and/or cards shared. A great way to get a lead on those Christmas cards we'll be needing.
*****
For this month’s challenge, we’re embracing Gothic Christmas! 

Now, before you panic (I confess, I did at first!), Gothic Christmas doesn’t have to mean "Christmas meets Halloween," although it certainly can, if that’s your thing.

Instead, you might consider the challenge as: Create a Christmas card with a Gothic twist.

Think deep, moody colours - black, plum, burgundy, rich greens, gold - perhaps some candlelight, ornate details, vintage elegance...plenty of possibilities.

Your card should still feel Christmas first with Gothic coming through how you interpret it.

No Halloween imagery required — but absolutely allowed!

Isn't Snowy's Gothic Glowover fantastic! 

Jo has shared an inspiration photo, just in case, like me, you need an inroad to the challenge.


My take on Gothic Christmas, inspired by the photo:

Black + gold + plaid background; a black tree with deep green + red sparkle ornaments; a glimmered Spellbinders sentiment. Easy...once I wrapped my head around my gothic twist.



If I can do Gothic Christmas, guaranteed you can, too! 

Please head over to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge blog to see what Jo has created. Absolutely AWE-MAZING!

Looking forward to seeing how Gothic Christmas inspires you.

Thank you for dropping by!


4 comments:

  1. First, congrats! So fun! Second, your card shines with the Gothic Christmas vibe. Woweee! I love the mix of gold with the moody black. Stellar card my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an honour for ME to have YOU as my guest, Carol! This is a challenge I've been looking forward to and yes, it's certainly been a challenge. Your card is perfect and demonstrates that Gothic doesn't have to mean Halloween. Your card captures the elegance of Gothic. Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on guesting, Carol! I would say you nailed it, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the drama of your card Carol, it certainly has gothic elegance in spades and the bit of sparkle gives just the right festive feel.

    ReplyDelete