Monday, March 1, 2021

Color Hues Challenge #13~Blue and Yellow...Monster Truck You Crushed It

Hello,

Welcome to Color Hues Challenge #13 (already!), where our lovely Cindy invites us to use hues of  yellow and blue as our inspiration for the next two weeks. Such a pretty pairing, especially as we look forward to the arrival of Spring...which in  Alberta usually happens in bits and pieces from now until June *grin*.


As is typical for me, I wasn't sure what to do with this combination. Even though it speaks 'floral' in some ways, you've likely figured out that flowers aren't something I gravitate towards very often. Still, I was giving blooms consideration until...

In rummaging through one of my stash bins, I found an already coloured Monster Truck (from Your Next Stamp's Got Mud set). Talk about a happy discovery and given how obvious it was, displayed in the front of the package, I had to give it a play. Here's the result...


These trucks are just so dang cute; this one is perfect as a little 'pick-me-up' encouragement card. Clouds = MFT stencil; the sun = YNS. 

Please visit the rest of the team; they've created quite the array of dazzling delights with Yellow and Blue:


The challenge is open until 9:00 AM (EST) on Mar. 14th.
 The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge goes live on Mar. 16h.
The overall winner will have the opportunity to be a 
future Guest Designer!

Thank you for dropping by!


4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Sweet! Jo x

Lindsey said...

I love how quickly you were able to pivot from flowers to mini monster truck! This is such a fun card with the background and sunshine. Great sentiment, too.

Jeanne said...

How serendipitous that you found the truck. Nice pivot!! And what a great reminder for life. I think your card is fantastic, Carol. YOU crushed it! :)

Nancy said...

I love the direction you took for your card and how it all came jumping out at you as you were flipping through your stash. I love when that happens, it's like someone is guiding you along, at least that is what it feels like to me. Your clouds are perfection and I must say I love the size of that sun! All in all another fabulous design! Have a great day and I hope Spring shows itself really soon!